Would you like to book your private workshop? Are you interested in inquiring about prices, terms, requirements, or the like? Or maybe you just want to discuss in detail about how it works. Whatever your need is, just fill in the form below and send me your inquiry. I will be back to you right away.
Number of photographers per workshop: minimum 1, maximum 3
Duration: minimum 2, maximum 5 days
3 days* is the minimum recommended length, as it is required timeframe for putting together a very effective itinerary, while still allowing enough free time for a few good image processing/image critiquing sessions.
*upon request the maximum duration can be extended up to seven days. Please inquire for prices.
Year around, with the exclusion of August because temperatures are too hot and the area is overcrowded by tourists.
Low season (approx. from October to mid April)
2 days, 1 photographer: 1.200,00 € + V.A.T. (22%) **
3 days, 1 photographer: 1.600,00 € + V.A.T. (22%) **
4 days, 1 photographer: 1.950,00 € + V.A.T. (22%) **
5 days, 1 photographer: 2.250,00 € + V.A.T. (22%) **
High Season (from Mid April to September)
2 days, 1 photographer: 1.300,00 € + V.A.T. (22%) **
3 days, 1 photographer: 1.700,00 € + V.A.T. (22%) **
4 days, 1 photographer: 2.050,00 € + V.A.T. (22%) **
5 days, 1 photographer: 2.350,00 € + V.A.T. (22%) **
*a discount applies for groups of 2 or 3 photographers: 2 photographers pay each one 75% of the base rates above. 3 photographers pay 65% of the base rates. Of course partners and/or friends who are not active photographers are always welcome to join for free.
** VAT (Valued Added Tax) is not applicable - and it will not be charged - for businesses and/or companies from outside the European Union
- full time in-the-field tutoring and instructions
- at least one image processing class (min. 2 hours) per workshop
- all travel costs from the B&B to the shooting locations and back (fuel, tolls, tickets, etc.)
What's not included
Travel costs for reaching the accommodation, hotels/B&B rates, entrance fees (if any), meals and beverages are not included in the cost of admission unless specified.
please use the form in this page for contacting me. Fill in all fields and let me know about the desired dates, duration and number of photographers. I will be back to you right away with my best quote and a detailed, personalized itinerary that will take into account your particular needs, the chosen duration, the period of the year, the expectable weather conditions and that will in any case be tailored to match your highest expectations.
A deposit of 1/3 of the total amount is due at the moment of the reservation, this is required to secure your place at the workshop.
The final balance payment is due no later than 30 days before the beginning of the workshop.
Bank Transfer, Credit Cards, Paypal
- Agriturismo Fonte Bertusi in Pienza
- Agriturismo Castello La Grancia in Pienza
Prices: 80-150 € per night depending on season, continental breakfast included
If you cancel within 30 days before the workshop start, you will be refunded the deposit minus 100,00 € as administrative fee.
No refund will be issued for cancellations received with 30 days or less remaining before the workshop starting date.
Please note that there is no exception to this policy. For this reason it is strongly recommended to purchase refundable plane/train tickets only and endow yourself with a trip cancellation insurance.
All cancellation request must be in writing.
All participants must be in possession of a valid Health and Accident Insurance with repatriation cover.
note: your privacy is important to us. Please read carefully our privacy statement.
- Dslr camera
- Camera user's manual
- Wide angle to normal zoom lens, at least 24/70 mm on a full frame sensor, the equivalent on cropped sensors. Ideally one 16/35 mm and a 28/70 mm
- Long tele zoom lens - 70/200mm is enough, 300mm is recommended
- Enough storage cards for at least 16 GB
- Extra Camera batteries
- Photography backpacks come in handy to protect the equipment if it rains and to facilitate transfers from a shooting location to another
- polarizer filter
- a set of Graduated ND filters, at least a 2 and a 3 stops (it is ideal to have all the range from 1 to 4 stops)
- ND filters for long exposures, ideally one 10 stops and one 6 stop
- remote (or cable) switch
- for the image processing session, a laptop with Photoshop CS3 or newer and Lightroom 3.x or newer
Weather in Tuscany is already very good and temperatures are mild since the beginning of Spring, it may rain often but with short showers. Here's a list of the most common items you should always wear/have with you for outdoor activities:
- comfortarble walking shoes
- wind/rain proof jacket
- a warm pullover
- sun glasses
- Head lamps and batteries
Key skills you will learn
- build a strong technical background
- master the basics of landscape photography
- learn how to effectively compose a landscape picture with the help of the most common composition rules
- learn how to photograph with challenging lighting, such as at sunrise and sunset
- learn the basics of night/low light photography in a urban context
- learn how to frame effective compositions in a urban contest
- recognize how the quality of the light, the time of the day and weather conditions can play in your favour for producing strong images with higher artistic content
- learn when and how use filters
- understand how and when breaking the rules can be helpful for creating images of more impact
- learn how to pre-visualize, compose and shoot panoramas
- learn how to pre-visualize, compose and shoot very long exposures with the help of strong ND filters
- advanced techniques of image processing with the most common software tools such as Photoshop and Lightroom
Very easy. Most of the shooting locations are directly accessible by car. A few of them require short hiking of no more than a few hundred meters one way on dirt roads and/or easy trails, with little or no elevation gain.